Monday, November 18, 2013

Adventure Hike

On Sunday November 10th I decided to accompany my friends on a little hike. We decided to hike up a water fall about an hour away from Plattsburgh NY. Well what I was told was a hike or tail actually turned out to be an almost vertical waterfall at which we have to rock climb to get up (basically). But i decided I would be okay and began to flow hiking up this water fall. When I actually decided to ask what we were doing I was told my friends were in search of minerals that are produced in the water fall. My friends were searching for a blue mineral and the higher up the water fall we climbed the more of the mineral we found once we go to about as high as we were willing to go we found a huge blue mineral, it was absolutely beautiful. I successfully almost climbed up to the top of the water fall in search of this mineral, that was the "easy"part. The higher I climbed the more I began to realize how tough it was going to be to get back down. I then began to really get afraid when as we were trying to cross a path with a pretty big drop on the side that was was not going to be an easy task. Even though I was scared i had no choice but to begin my trek down the waterfall. At one point my phone fell out of my pocket and plunged into a pool of water my friend immediately threw his hand in the freezing cold, icy water and retrieved my phone (who knew this would be a challenge my life proof case would have to face) well thankfully my life proof case in fact saved my phone and we continued our hike down the water fall. Again we hit sketchy point at which we had to cross in order to get down the waterfall. So one by one we began to climb and walk done this super scary path. As I was walking down the soil under my foot became loose and soon it gave out. I began to slide down the side of the water fall I looked at my friend horrified as he swooped his arm around my waist and I came to an abrupt stop. My friend caught me mid sliding down the water fall and saved me. Once we finally reached the bottom of the water fall we looked at each other all excited that we survived that hike up the waterfall and were able to see what we were looking for.






These are some photos taken on our hike!!


Blue mineral we were looking for!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brie, I would really like to say that I enjoyed reading through your blog. I'm commenting on this post because I feel like you can just add a little more info on the geology and history of the mountain that you went to. I find the grammar and overall composition of the post to be fine. There are a couple little things to fix like captalize a couple of words, and add a couple commas. I think that if you were to reread through it real quick you would catch what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete